Last updated: April 10, 2019
The Product Management Association of BC (“ProductBC”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) is a non-profit organization serving the Product Management community in British Columbia. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our members and visitors.
This policy describes our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information as you use our websites (www.productbc.ca and www.productbc.com), attend ProductBC events and participate in other ProductBC programs (collectively our “Services”).
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving our Services. By using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Our members are primarily residents of the Province of British Columbia, Canada. We do not process or store information under GDPR.
The Policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any third-party application or content that links to or is accessible from our websites.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Personal Data is information that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, photos and videos taken at events, and other information about yourself or company.
Personal Data also includes information about your ProductBC membership. Membership-related information can include additional member profile information, member preferences, and transaction dates and amounts when you sign up for a subscriptions to our Services.
We do not directly collect payment card data. Any payments are processed through a trusted third party payment gateway.
Photos and Videos
We often capture photos and videos at ProductBC events and at other public and private events.
We may use these for promotional purposes, such as on our website, in newsletters, and in other communication, to solicit new ProductBC members, and to provide our Services.
We may also use these at events and we may publish these to hosting sites for public viewing and viewing by ProductBC members.
By attending our events and using our Services, you acknowledge that you may be captured in photos and videos and consent to their use.
Usage and Log Data
As you use our Services, we may automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software.
This information can include your IP address, browser and device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the pages of our website(s) that you visit, the time spent on those pages, dates and times of access, referring website addresses and other diagnostic information.
Cookies are small file placed on a computer hard drive. Web browsers can be configured to restrict or entirely block cookies, to configure cookie notification settings and/or to delete cookies already present on the browser or device.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies persist for the duration of your browser session and expire when you close your browser. Session cookies link your actions during a single browser session.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies remain in operation, even when you have closed the browser or powered off your device, until the cookie expires. Persistent cookies help us customize your web experience when you return to a web page or our website.
- Third-party cookies: Third party cookies are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain analytics information. While we don’t directly use third party cookies, they may be placed by certain analytics tools.
We do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals at this time.
Use of Personal Information
We aim to only use your Personal Information for providing and improving our Services. We may share data with third parties as needed (see “Sharing of Personal Information”).
- Improve our website and you website experience
- Provide you with and allowing you to participate in our Services
- Notify you about our Services and changes to our Services
- Provide member care and support
- Provide analysis of information so that we can improve the Service
- Monitor the usage of our Services
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
Sharing of Personal Information
In the course of providing Services, your data may be shared with the following third parties:
- Siteground for web hosting
- Together App for our mentorship program
- Memberpress for membership management
- Stripe for payment processing
- Google and website analytics
- Other analytics providers
We may employ other third party companies and individuals to assist in delivering Services or to provide Services on our behalf. We only provide third parties with access to the Personal Information necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We do not share sell or trade any information with such third parties for promotional purposes.
International Transfer of Information
ProductBC is based in British Columbia but we use technology and services, such as website hosting, located outside of Canada including but not limited to United States.
Personal Data may be transferred to and processed outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdictions where the data protection laws may differ.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, prevent or investigate possibly wrongdoing in connection with our Services, to protect the safety of ProductBC members and the safety of users of our Services, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.