- This event has passed.
Survival Metrics with Adam Thomas
October 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
***Please get your ticket on:
RSVP-ing on Meetup.com does not generate access to the event***
Online Workshop: Survival Metrics with Adam Thomas
• Free of charge for ProductBC members | $5 for non ProductBC members
• Get your ticket 🎟️ on Hopin before they run out!
Survival metrics put resource allocation and company incentives, both implied and direct, in front of the team before a project begins and again at regular intervals, giving permission to act quickly.
🖥️💻About this event
Product teams often know that a project needs to change direction, but they don’t have a way to make that change safely and quickly. There isn’t a clear and simple framework to determine when to pivot, leaving the decision completely off the table or coming way later when it should. The cost for this hesitation can range from a delay in a successful project, trust deteriorating between teams, or even product failure.
Survival metrics help a product team determine if an initiative is worth investing in more, pivoting or stopping completely. They are a forcing function to prevent product teams from suffering due to the sunk cost fallacy. Survival metrics put resource allocation and company incentives, both implied (think politics) and direct (think data), in front of the team before a project begins and again at regular intervals, giving permission to act quickly.
📊📈What you can expect to learn
• Strategies for more communication between disciplines that work with product and seem to clash (i.e. product and engineering)
• Strategies for less siloing for teams that seem like they are alone (i.e. marketing feels alone)
• More strategy & value alignment by incentives being laid bare ( i.e. important metrics are more visible to more teams.)
• A longitudinal outcome – Your company’s real values are surfaced through repeated visibility.
👩💻👨💻Who should attend
This event will focus on learning tips and strategies for product teams and stakeholders to better drive outcomes and delivery approaches by understanding Survival Metrics.
This would be useful for many roles such as:
• Product Leaders
• Engineering and Design Leaders
• Product Managers
• Product Owners / Delivery Managers
• Product Designers
• Engineers & Developers
• Product Marketers
• Project Managers
• Product & Business Analysts
📅🕒Schedule & Logistics
Thursday, October 5, 2021, from 5:00 pm to 6:50 pm
5:00 pm to 5:15 pm: Virtual door opens + networking
5:15 pm to 6:30 pm: Interactive session + presentation
6:30 pm to 6:50 pm: Q&A
About Adam Thomas
Adam Thomas is the managing director of Approaching One, a firm that helps companies and product managers find alignment using tools and strategies.
Adam is also an expert columnist writing engaging articles covering topics from running product teams in SaaS, finance and Artificial Intelligence to Decision Science, Innovation, Product & Marketing Strategy, Product Ops, and Team Organization.