Alan Albert: Discover Customer Value (2-Part Workshop)
October 21 @ 9:00 am - November 4 @ 9:00 am
Note: This is a paid workshop. Please purchase your ticket here, thank you: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/alan-albert-discover-customer-value-2-part-workshop-tickets-185958255147
Miss in person events? Join us for a workshop on Discover Customer Value! Limited to 18 attendees. COVID safety protocols are fully followed
About this event
This is a hands-on workshop conducted across two sessions:
• Session 1 (Oct 21, Thursday, 9am-12pm): You will learn proven techniques to efficiently discover what your customers will find most delightful and valuable. You will then have time to try out these research techniques on your own with your customers before returning for the next session.
• Session 2 (Nov 4, Thursday, 9am-12pm): You will learn from each other’s research efforts, and explore ways to apply these new insights to fuel more effective innovation, marketing, and monetization for your business.
“Delight your customers, in hard to copy, margin enhancing ways,” says Gib Biddle. It sounds simple, right? Yet as experienced product leaders know, consistently delighting customers is hard. Delighting them in hard to copy, margin enhancing ways is even harder.
This workshop, led by Alan Albert of MarketFit, will help smooth your journey to delighting your customers and your business.
Why are we hosting the workshop in person?
During the workshops we’ll be practicing interviewing each other and sharing with the group the insights that we discover. And all attendees will be able to learn from breakout sessions, from observing each others’ work and contributing to group discussions. Plus, learning is more fun and impactful when we’re together and can share the experience!
*Proof of vaccination / BC Vaccine Card required*
In this workshop, product leaders and their teams will learn how to:
• Discover what will delight your customers the most
• Decide where to focus your innovation efforts
• Differentiate your products from the competition
• Segment your customers for maximum impact
• Transition your team from a feature factory to a value generating engine
• Spend less time researching, and gain greater insights through continuous discovery
• Turn your customer insights into a continuing competitive advantage
To make the most of our time together, there will be some prep-work before the first session, “homework” between sessions to apply learnings, and opportunities to share and discuss our efforts via a dedicated Slack channel throughout.
Who should attend
While no prior knowledge is required, experienced product managers and product leaders who can put these new approaches into practice will benefit most. It is recommended that more than one person from a company participate, as the concepts and techniques they’ll be learning will benefit from a team effort
EY Regional Tech Hub – Vancouver office, a new, state-of-the-art office in Downtown Vancouver
Refreshments will be provided (continental breakfast & drinks)
October 21, 2021
9:00am – Doors open
9:30am – 11:30am: Content & small breaks
11:30am – 12:00pm: Networking
November 4, 2021
9:00am – Doors open
12:00pm: Workshop completed
About Alan Albert
Alan Albert has led the creation of multiple top-selling and award-winning products, generating over $1 billion in revenue. He has co-founded three software companies, selling one — FileMaker Pro — to Apple Computer. Alan draws on over 30 years of leadership and hands-on success creating innovative products, in organizations from startups through Fortune 500 enterprises.
Alan now leads MarketFit, providing customer-centric strategy- and business coaching to growing B2B and B2C product and services organizations. A recognized thought leader in maximizing customer perception of value and innovative value-based pricing, Alan also serves as board member and strategic advisor to high-growth businesses worldwide.